Trying to Conduct an Interview

Turns out that most computer-manufacturing companies are not too eager to engage in over-the-phone interviews with unverified individuals defending their inquiries on the matter of an English assignment.
Once more, an interesting assignment, but unlike the previous ones, this chapter exercise has been quite unfruitful. Over the weekend, I have tried to interview an employee about usability testing in the company. At best, I was disregarded, and at worst, I waited for IT to help me with my apparent computer problems. 
Overall, I don't think this was the strongest method to teach usability testing: the procedural rhetoric reinforced the lesson well, so I am still unsure of the point of this assignment. I feel a little bad about how I tackled the written portion of the homework, but I have little to go on except for my experience, which consisted mostly of me on hold for roughly 2 hours in total.
Hopefully, the results of the next assignment are helpful, because I feel like I wasted the time of too many people, myself included.

Comments