Working on the Signs

One of the biggest problems while working on the Signage project was actually picking out a sign. I have never been very particular about graphic design (I'm a writer: my art is words), so I wasn't sure where to start. The first sign I chose informed viewers about an exhibit about glaciers. Since I've always had an interest in environmental matters, I thought this sign would be interesting to handle.
Problem with the sign was its main graphic: a photo of a winding glacier and sky. I had no experience nor access to tools that could help me modify the sign. And if I decided to create an original design, I would have to top a rather stunning photo of a glacier. 
I decided to pick a new sign altogether. Luckily, I happened to glance at a sign for my club as I was leaving class. It was a simple typed sheet taped to a door: the only reason it caught my eye was the sheer blankness of the 'poster'.
While there is not much to work with a typed sheet, this gives me more room to create my own designs. Also, even if I don't create an appealing sign, my product will at least look more impressive than the original sign.
It doesn't take much to top a plain sheet, no?
Still, I want to make this sign look appealing for people who love creative writing and literature. I hope that I can make a design that's both elegant and simple. Maybe the club will use it in the future?

Comments