Working on Textbook Assignments

I will keep this short: I feel like that's only fair, considering the lengthy homework assignment. We were assigned several exercises from chapter 20 to work on over the weekend. I don't mind long assignments, but seeing the accumulation of the minimum word requirement is a bit staggering. Several of the exercises require a word count of either 300 to 500 words, so this assignment could rival the length of most of my essays. Checking the word count, and behold, 2000 words cranked out within five days. Or, for most college students, all of Sunday. I didn't expect such a bulky assignment to be turned in so quickly. Then again, this is perhaps the norm for English classes, so perhaps I should not complain so much.
However, what I struggled with the most was not the word count, though I'm expounding on it so much.
(The irony is not lost on me.)
Instead, I spent hours trying to figure out what topic to cover for the textbook exercises.
I had to write memos and instructions on a field of my study or some facet of STEM careers.
I'm only just starting the business program, so things like 'flextime', 'spark plugs', or 'bluetooth technology' push the brain a bit.
I don't want to outright say this assignment was outright unreasonable, but I feel like it was perhaps too much for most students to undertake, especially when we haven't covered technical documentation in class too much.
Hopefully my homework is at least comprehensible, even if I had no idea what I was actually trying to explain.

Comments